Friday, September 30, 2011

Live from Taiwan

The dreadful travel is in the midst and the longest part is over with. The 14 hour flight was pretty unpleasant, but could have been worse I suppose. I slept (uncomfortably) on and off. I sat next to a very nice Malaysian couple with broken English, who were just returning home from their holiday to San Francisco, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. They were very interested in my plans and wished me much luck. In other news, the two meals served on the plane weren't half bad. Those Asians really know how to cook - cannot wait for the long awaited authentic Thai cuisine in a matter of hours.

I land in Thailand at 11:30 am local time - going to be a true struggle to force myself to stay awake until a normal bedtime to get adjusted. Let's see what this Bangkok is all about!

Picture taken from plane, flying over (or very near) the Philippine Sea.



Ps- Just met a girl from Buffalo, NY on my flight, but she is carrying on to Cambodia doing the same thing as me. Now I have a friend in Cambodia to visit. And of course this world never ceases to amaze me - we have two mutual friends. This is getting me excited for the many, many people I will meet along this adventure!

No comments: